Raspberry Pi SD Card Setup
Using Windows 7 or Windows XP
- Download the distribution from the raspberrypi.org downloads page or from. the are many distributions, te lates is NOOBS and it's recommended for thr first-time users.
- Extract the image file from the downloaded .zip file, so you now have "distribution-name.img".
- Insert the SD card into your SD card reader and check what drive letter it was assigned. You can easily see the drive letter (for example G:) by looking in the left column of Windows Explorer. You can use the SD Card slot (if you have one) or a Adapter in a USB slot.
- Download the Win32DiskImager utility (it is also a zip file). You can run this from a USB drive.
- Extract the executable from the zip file and run the Win32DiskImager utility; you may need to run the utility as Administrator! Right-click on the file, and select 'Run as Administrator'
- Select the image file.
- Select the drive letter of the SD card in the device box.
- Click Write and wait for the write to complete.
- Eject the SD card,you are now ready to plug the card into your Raspberry Pi.