The PIC programmer drivers and software are available to download: Download
When putting a PIC in the ZIF (Zero Insertion Force) socket, the PIC Programming software will indicate how it should be positioned. Pin 1 on the ZIF socket is located next to the locking lever.
- Run the "PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v1.7.0.exe" program in the "PIC Programmer Drivers" folder to install the driver.
- Plug in your PIC Programmer.
- Go to Start, and right click on "Computer". Click "Properties".
- Click on the "Hardware" tab, and then click on "Device Manager".
- Click the + next to "Ports (COM & LPT)". There should be an item labelled "Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port". There will be some text in brackets - such as "COM3". Make a note of the number.
- Run the "microbrn.exe" file in the "PIC Programmer Software" folder.
It will usually fail to reset the programmer the first time it is started - the correct Serial port has not yet been selected. This is normal.
- Click on the "File" menu, and choose "Programmer". Now choose "K150".
- Click on the "File" menu, and choose "Port". Enter the value you noted down earlier and click OK.
The programming software should now reset your programmer and you are ready to go!
| || |